Sports LeadershipDevelop confident, healthy leaders through sport and physical activity
Sports Leaders Qualification Centre Name: Progressive Sports Asia Limited
Centre ID number: 17130
Develop confident, healthy leaders through sport and physical activity.
Sports Leadership qualifications are designed to use sport and physical activity to help young people develop and hone their leadership skills whilst helping themselves and others stay physically active.
Young people, 12+, undertaking a qualification in Sports Leadership will learn and demonstrate important life skills such as effective communication and organisation whilst learning to lead basic physical activities to younger people, their peers, older generations and within the community.
The courses involve both guided & peer-to-peer learning and supervised leadership to ensure that learners have all the skills they need to lead basic physical activities to other people.
Progressive Sports Asia currently offer qualifications in Sports Leadership at Levels 1 & 2 with the Level 2 Qualification in Community Sports Leadership (CSL2) recognised in personal statements.
The Level 1 qualification, totalling approximately 30 hours, uses sport to deliver fun and engaging physical activities with other students and within the community. Students will plan, lead and evaluate sports/physical activity sessions over a number of tutored hours and then demonstrate their leadership skills as part of their assessment.
What are the benefits?
- Provide an structured opportunity for students interested in a career in sports coaching
- Gain a formally recognised qualification to lead and assist in the delivery of sport and physical activity sessions
- Access a ready-made, easy to deliver leadership framework which enables students to deliver structured and inclusive sport and physical activity sessions
- Access session plans including “What makes a good leader?”, “How to effectively work in a team” and “How to become a good leader”
- See an increase in students’ social and academic confidence
- Enhance students employability due to increased skills and improved CVs
- Develop opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and development
- Gain skills such as leadership, organisation, time management, communication skills and other life skills