Dynamic Kids is a safe, enjoyable and interactive physical exercise program based on fundamental and dynamic movement patterns to stimulate, encourage and progress physical literacy in kindergarten students, ideally 3-5 years old.
The program’s goals are to help children achieve the ready-to-learn status through a fun dynamic movement program, as well as promote social and physical well-being. We also aim to help students understand class etiquette and contribute to class discussions as they get older.
Dynamic Kids is based on a specific ‘Fundamental Movement and Movement Framework Syllabus’ with the following clear steps, sequenced to form a comprehensive program:
- Locomotor Skills – Dodging, skipping, hopping, jumping, running, walking
- Manipulative Skills – Throwing and catching, striking with the feet and hands, striking with an implement
- Stability Skills – Balance, landing and rotation
- Body – What the body does
- Space – Where the body moves
- Effort – How the body performs
- Relationships – How they occur in movement
Each child can develop as an individual whilst working also in a group in team play.
The 8 goals of Dynamic Kids are to:
- Promote physical exercise at a young age – introducing good habits early
- Introduce good practices for dynamic movement techniques when children play sports
- Enhance a child’s overall well-being
- Increase a child’s ability to be physically literate
- Increase alertness and concentration levels – information processing, storage and retrieval
- Teach and improve posture
- Develop social skills, communication and teamwork so a child gets along well with others
- Promote healthy eating habits